Australian High Commission
The Immigration Section of the Australian High Commission receives citizenship and visa applications for people intending to go to Australia. Travellers of all nationalities except Australia and New Zealand need visas to enter Australia.
Migrating to Australia
- Information about programs under which a person can immigrate to Australia, and the criteria for each, is outlined on the Immigration Department's website www.immi.gov.au.
- Broadly these categories are
- Business skills visas, which are based on your experience in Business or Investment expertise, Booklet #7- Business Skills Migration. You must apply to Perth Business Skills Processing Centre (see details below).
- Skilled migration visas which are based on your qualifications, Booklet #6- General Skilled Migration. You must apply to Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre(see details below).
- Family migration visas, which are based on having a spouse, child or parent who are Australian citizens or permanent residents, Booklet #2-Child Migration, Booklet #1-Partner Migration or Booklet #3-Parent Migration. You may apply in Singapore at the Australian High Commission for Booklet #1 and #2. For Booklet #3 Parent Migration, you must apply to Perth Offshore Parents Centre (see details below).
- You can obtain the above information booklets, which include the forms and explanation of the visa requirements, from the Internet at www.immi.gov.au for free or at our office for a fee during counter hours.
- If you wish to apply for permanent migration, you must complete the appropriate forms contained in the booklet and pay the required application fee, which is stated in Australian dollars on the www.immi.gov.au website. If you are lodging the application in Singapore, you must pay the fee in Singapore dollars at the prevailing exchange rate in cash or by cheque. See local information sheet.
- General Skilled Migration applications MUST be mailed to Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre, GPO Box 1638, Adelaide SA 5001, Australia or couriered to Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre, 1st Floor, 55 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia. Payment methods include credit card and bank draft. Enquiries can be made by telephone to 61 3 96574115 or via email to email@example.com
- Business Skilled Migration applications MUST be mailed to Locked Bag 7 Northbridge WA 6865 or couriered to Perth Business Skills Processing Centre, 3rd Floor City Central, 166 Murray Street Perth WA 6000.
- For enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Phone : (618) 9415 9215
Fax : (618) 9415 9291
- Parents Migration applications MUST be mailed to POPC, Locked Bag 7 Northbridge WA6865 or couriered to POPC, 411 Wellington Street Perth WA6000.
- Enquiries : email@example.com
or Phone : (618) 9415 9081
Fax : (618) 9415 9289